between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,398 Times in 3,127 Posts

My New Pandinus dictator

A friend of mine recently gifted me a Pandinus dictator girl. And she is HUGE! Easily 8" and still has some room to grow!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6437a P dictator Wtrmk sm.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	67019

Pandinus dictators are larger than emperators, though they look nearly identical. I have not familiarized myself with the distinctions, but am happy to have this big girl.

As for temperament, she seems more laid back than the emperators I have had in the past.

Now to come up with a name...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,993 Times in 2,289 Posts
      Congrats Manlyman7! She is a beaut . Dictators have much more granulation all over their bodies than emps and the two ridges behind their eyes are more pronounced. Just a few days ago I put 2 female emps with 2 males in a communal 10 gallon with two hides. One male may be a subadult dictator as both female emps ignore him...LOL! Anyhow, they mated ASAP when put together. Maybe you could name her Diana (Wonder Woman's name) . Again, Congrats on receiving such a HUGE beautiful dictator female . If you could get a close up shot of her operculum and pectines that would be AWESOME!..for future sexing purposes of this species.
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      Name: Spot
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by J!m View Post
      Name: Spot

Or Fluffy.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Cuddles.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      I have an Avic avic I named Bubbles. Seems cute and fitting for her.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Pepe Le Pew

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by J!m View Post
      Pepe Le Pew

I'll be right back. Gonna go paint a white stripe down her back.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      That would be incredibly funny Manly.

stuck in the rain

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Steve
      Tarantulas
      130+

Thanks
      "Clamps" from Futurama