Thread: Pamphobeteus Santo Domingo

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts

Pamphobeteus Santo Domingo

Evita, my P. Santo Domingo, recently gave me a surprise molt. She had eaten a couple days prior, so I was not prepared to see her molt! She looks to be over 8" now. She is a blue black with reddish setae on her legs. She has gone through quite a few color changes as she has grown but, I think this is her adult coloration. Her Christmas tree stripes on her abdomen are still visible but ever so faintly now. Haven't been around here...have been very busy with life...lost a family member and my two sister P. regalis both passed away this year within 3 months of each other but, I think that was due to age as both were close to 10 years old. All my other T's are doing well. I hope everyone here (animals too) are doing well!
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0346.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	105.7 KB 
ID:	67306
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the
      wanderer/Yeah, the wanderer/ I
      roam around, around, around

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,094 Posts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Hey pan60! Good to see ya back and able to get in!
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      Great to see you here Ranchibi. And your girl there is gorgeous.

I am currently the owner of a 6" T. stirmi boy! When he molted a few weeks back, I was disappointed to discover he was indeed male, but hey.

My collection is presently about 70 as a friend gave me his collection of 20 (joining the army).

Unfortunately, no Pamphos in that.

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Hey ManlyMan7! Glad you are doing well and congrats on getting your friends collection! I’m happy to see you FINALLY got a Theraphosa....wish it were female for you too. My stirmi babies I kept (2 females) are now 9” with mom a little over 10” now. My collection has dwindled as I’ve lost two sister regalis within 3 months of each other due to AGE...thought I did something wrong, then checked their ages and they were close to 10 years old. I do have a gravid emp. Been a very busy year.

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the
      wanderer/Yeah, the wanderer/ I
      roam around, around, around

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,094 Posts
      yea i hadsome issue getting on the site but our lovely lady got it figured out so we are here.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Ranchibi View Post
      Hey ManlyMan7! Glad you are doing well and congrats on getting your friends collection! I’m happy to see you FINALLY got a Theraphosa....wish it were female for you too. My stirmi babies I kept (2 females) are now 9” with mom a little over 10” now. My collection has dwindled as I’ve lost two sister regalis within 3 months of each other due to AGE...thought I did something wrong, then checked their ages and they were close to 10 years old. I do have a gravid emp. Been a very busy year.
      I lost my 8" geniculata this fall too. And it took awhile to realize that she too was a matter of old age. She will be missed.

But in my friend's collection is a genic sling who is now a 2" confirmed female.

I also have a Dictator Scorpion (Pandinus dictator) who gave me a clutch of 13 a year ago. I am down to 5 of those little ones.

Thing is, this girl is STILL fat, and I am wondering if she will double-clutch for me. Do Pandinus do that?

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by pan60 View Post
      yea i hadsome issue getting on the site but our lovely lady got it figured out so we are here.
      pan60, you were missed greatly .

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan7 View Post
      I lost my 8" geniculata this fall too. And it took awhile to realize that she too was a matter of old age. She will be missed.

But in my friend's collection is a genic sling who is now a 2" confirmed female.

I also have a Dictator Scorpion (Pandinus dictator) who gave me a clutch of 13 a year ago. I am down to 5 of those little ones.

Thing is, this girl is STILL fat, and I am wondering if she will double-clutch for me. Do Pandinus do that?
      Sorry about your genie . I’m not sure if they can double clutch...but, I’m sure it is possible since she is an adult and has not molted again. She is one healthy lady!