• Crappy

Thread: Newbie here

S'ling

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Thanks

Newbie here

Hi. Iíve been lurking here a lot lately and decided to post about my two tarantulas. I currently care for 1x E. murinus (2.5 years, ish) and 1x C. cyaneopubescens (1 year now) both from a sling.

Iím interested to know the ins and outs, to be sure Iím caring properly. I was recently told that my green bottle blue should be kept in a dry environment by someone whom I thought was knowledgeable, but that goes against what Iíve learned and done with the species.

Also, how do I know how much to feed them? Is there a consensus.

Thank you!

P.s. Iím trying to reach 5 posts so that I can ask about sexing in the sexing thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      Hi RawrSean.

Your friend's recommendation for a dry tank for GBB is correct. They are from the deserts of Venezuela and do seem to like it quite dry.

That said, I do find my GBBs have been among my thirstier Ts, so make sure you keep a water dish in there for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

S'ling

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan7 View Post
      Hi RawrSean.

Your friend's recommendation for a dry tank for GBB is correct. They are from the deserts of Venezuela and do seem to like it quite dry.

That said, I do find my GBBs have been among my thirstier Ts, so make sure you keep a water dish in there for it.

That is interesting because mine seemed to do better when I went to daily misting versus 2/3x weekly misting.

Do they need more humidity as slings as opposed to adults? (Do they hide amongst damp leaf litter while young, etc?)

My mood is an understatement

I am:
      Energetic

Tarantulas
      Not enough

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by RawrSean View Post
      That is interesting because mine seemed to do better when I went to daily misting versus 2/3x weekly misting.

Do they need more humidity as slings as opposed to adults? (Do they hide amongst damp leaf litter while young, etc?)

I am a bit late, but better late than never.

Humidity contrary to what most caresheets say is irrelevant as far as tarantula keeping is concerned. The moisture is a more suitable term. For dry enclosure loving species like C. cyaneopeubescens, a water dish is all the moisture they need. When dealing with GBB slings, they do like a bit more moisture, which can be accomplished by adding a few more drops of water to the substrate. Once they hit that 2" DLS mark, they should be fine with a Completely dry enclosure with a water dish.
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.