between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts

Brachypelma albopilosum Fan Club

OK Noble, here is your thread. I know you love these guys!

Introducing the Honduran Curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum) Fan Club.

Post your pics and stories, likes and dislikes here!

My pics will be forthcoming, but I just want to relate two things.

These kiddos are the life of the party in terms of action! My son's 3.5" albo is a burrowing maniac, he has a tunnel that runs the length, then the width of the bottom of his KK. Awesome bulldozers.

But even more fun for me is to watch them eat! A few months ago, I was putting a cricket into the KK of my son's albo wheh he surprised the daylights out of me by leaping up to grab the cricket! Since then, I intentionally go for this reaction, but now use foreceps! From my research on other forums, the only bite reports I have seem of albos come from people hand-feeding their T and the Curlyhair missing the cricket!

And just this morning, I watched as my 2" albo girl literally did a somersault in attacking the cricket I threw in there! I love to watch her vicious attacks, so I intentionally feed her crix that are as large as her body. She is fearless!

Post your pics and stories!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

marcfrick2112 (11-18-2011)

creepy crawly

I am:
      Blah

Real (nick)name
      Marc
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Uh-Oh, Scott is up to something again!

I have one curly hair sling, about .70", I think, as my Solera is a big-time burrower.. Even with an LED light, I couldn't get a pic of her.. But, she is a real character...

First off, she's, hands-down, my LAZIEST T.... If she's hungry, she will literally stand up on hind legs and 'beg' for food! She's QUITE docile, just wish she was a full-grown girl!

Official Tus.com 'Spider Spoiler'

Life itself is our most precious gift!

Marc's Angels:

Fuzzy - 5" MF G. rosea
      Gabby - 5.5" MM G. pulchripes
      Laila - 3" Aphono. 'NR'
      Lorenzo- MM G. pulchripes
      The babies:
      Jinx and Minx - PZB twins
      Remi - A. diversipes (R.I.P.)
      Disclaimer: This forum does not endorse handling any tarantula. ALL T's are venomous, and could bite. Handle any T at your own risk.

Click
      to view my Gallery!

Retired Moderator

Blah, Blah, ... Woof, Woof ...

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Charlotte, my Curly was my first T. She started my addiction.
      She is a perfect T! She builds awesome burrows, and the cool thing about her burrows is that they are so extensive, I can almost always see her because the open up to the glass in several places. She's docile- never even kicked a hair. And so so pretty! I love the hairdo. She's a good eater, but she's never jumped on crickets right away unless he is really hungry.
      I probably spoil her too much for her to get hungry very often...
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Suzy

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      I hear you Suzy, for such vicious eaters, these guys are deliberately slow and gentle in hand!

I guess the curly hairs are interesting, but I must confess that I have never been taken by their looks. They seem to much like an ordinary brown tarantula. But they are more of a bronze than brown.

They are fun Ts, for sure!

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan7 View Post
      I hear you Suzy, for such vicious eaters, these guys are deliberately slow and gentle in hand!

I guess the curly hairs are interesting, but I must confess that I have never been taken by their looks. They seem to much like an ordinary brown tarantula. But they are more of a bronze than brown.

They are fun Ts, for sure!
      This hairdo is far from ordinary! haha!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	charlotte1.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	18231

Suzy

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,547 Times in 2,844 Posts
      If we keep it up, we are going to have a fan club for every species out there. I'm in though! Love B albos! So cute and ummm curly

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tgirl1010 For This Useful Post:

ManlyMan7 (11-19-2011)

Noble Member

Proud ornata sac puller!

I am:
      Cheerful

Real (nick)name
      Noble
      Tarantulas
      yes please

Thanks
      OH boy where to begin about my awesome curly hair. I got my Curly hair back in Feb of this year when it was only 1/3" and now she is 3.5", by far my fastest grower! she is always digging and making changes to her burrow, well that was until I put her in a new enclosure but she is always out in the open! I think she getting ready for a molt. (at this moment she is on top of her hide looking at me!) when ever i offer her food she will gladly take in. Its so funny to watch her grab 5-6 mealies and stuff her mouth doing the happy dance! she is one of my favorite T's if not my favorite lol. She is my only T i have never held, never given me a or but she is such a strong eater that i did not want to entice her to have a taste of my hand lol.

Three reasons why everyone should own a Brachypelma Albopilosum (curlyhair)
      1) they are so cute
      2) they have great personality's
      3) they are one of the cheapest T's on the market

The Dude Guy Man Bro Himselfy

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Noble For This Useful Post:

marcfrick2112 (11-19-2011), Suzy (11-18-2011)

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
      Three reasons why everyone should own a Brachypelma Albopilosum (curlyhair)
      1) they are so cute
      2) they have great personality's
      3) they are one of the cheapest T's on the market
      +1

Suzy

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzy For This Useful Post:

marcfrick2112 (11-19-2011)

creepy crawly

I am:
      Blah

Real (nick)name
      Marc
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      I agree with all that's been said... Tho, I fed my Solera maybe 2 days ago... tonight, again she was up on hind-legs 'begging' for dinner!

I love my (hoping) little girl. Solera is also nearly as inquisitive as my pulchra... After reading some stuff (lies+garbage) online about 'all those mean culry hairs'.. I was nervous about handling her.... *She sure fixed me!* Solera, on a rare occasion, will just leisurely walk out of her deli, and chill on my hand... *well, she can be a bit nervous... but really, a SWEET little T!

Solera got a fat juvie roach tonight...... roach decides to hide in Solera's burrow complex!
      And, SO funny.. tonight the hisser got caught in Solera's burrow... LOL! It's 'T take-out' .. (or take away, for our European friends..)
      Official Tus.com 'Spider Spoiler'

Life itself is our most precious gift!

Marc's Angels:

Fuzzy - 5" MF G. rosea
      Gabby - 5.5" MM G. pulchripes
      Laila - 3" Aphono. 'NR'
      Lorenzo- MM G. pulchripes
      The babies:
      Jinx and Minx - PZB twins
      Remi - A. diversipes (R.I.P.)
      Disclaimer: This forum does not endorse handling any tarantula. ALL T's are venomous, and could bite. Handle any T at your own risk.

Click
      to view my Gallery!

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the
      wanderer/Yeah, the wanderer/ I
      roam around, around, around

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      Thanked 1,376 Times in 1,094 Posts
      i love curlies: )
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails currly-girl_6.JPG copy.jpg