• Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Grammostola pulchripes

No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Tarantulas

Thanks

Grammostola pulchripes

I decided to start a few threads here on my own. Grammostola pulchripes is deserving of its own fan club in my opinion. These spiders are usually gentle giants, calm and tolerant. They also happen to be gorgeous. I have two, an immature male that I have raised from a 1.5 s'ling, Inal, and an adult female, Arya. These tarantulas are great for any enthusiast...expert and beginner alike.

Inal

Arya

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smaughunter For This Useful Post:

jackstraw (08-31-2013), marcfrick2112 (11-24-2011)

Getting ready to wrestle a
      grizzly bear

I am:
      Woot!

Tarantulas
      Some...

Thanks
      Beautiful Ts! My 'Piemur' is still a baby (~1.75") and has been a bit of a pansy to date. Spends most of its time with its head buried and its butt in the air. LOL

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the
      wanderer/Yeah, the wanderer/ I
      roam around, around, around

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,094 Posts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Retired Moderator

Blah, Blah, ... Woof, Woof ...

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      I have 2 I bought from Scoolman. They burrowed as soon as I got them and I pretty much haven't seen them since. I hope they are a little more visible when they get bigger. They are only about 1" right now. I would really really like to see the little cuties!

Suzy

creepy crawly

I am:
      Blah

Real (nick)name
      Marc
      Tarantulas

Thanks

TGrin

Grammostola pulchripes is deserving of its own fan club in my opinion.
      OH, most definitely!!!

Well, what can I say? I have 2 gorgeous chacos! Gabby is my mature male, very gentle and pretty. Gabby has helped cure 2 people of severe arachnophobia.

Laura, my juvie, was FREE! LOL, I asked to get a ride to the 'LPS' , and my buddy gets a call from his friend to get a dozen crickets for him too... then, somewhere along in the convo,
      "hey, no anyone that wants a tarantula?" Well, I was so convinced, that all I might get locally would be a rose hair.... I didn't even realise till later that I had a beautiful chaco juvie!! Sadly, she was mis-treated, and definitely under-fed... but, in time, I think she'll be a sweetie...

Oh, and so all know... 'mean' for my chaco's means at most flicking (only Laura)

I'll post pics of my 2 cuties later...

But, yes... one of the BEST tarantulas, IMHO!
      Official Tus.com 'Spider Spoiler'

Life itself is our most precious gift!

Marc's Angels:

Fuzzy - 5" MF G. rosea
      Gabby - 5.5" MM G. pulchripes
      Laila - 3" Aphono. 'NR'
      Lorenzo- MM G. pulchripes
      The babies:
      Jinx and Minx - PZB twins
      Remi - A. diversipes (R.I.P.)
      Disclaimer: This forum does not endorse handling any tarantula. ALL T's are venomous, and could bite. Handle any T at your own risk.

Click
      to view my Gallery!

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      Here is my little Jinx. She was about 3" when I got her in early Sept. She molted Sept 22 and is now about 4". She stays in her hide most of the time, so I do not get to see her very often. But when she does grace me with her presence, she a sweetie.
      Jinx Sept 8
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chaco female 9-8-11.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	18786
      Jinx's exuvium after her molt Sept 22

Name:	Exuvium 9-22-11.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	18787

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scoolman For This Useful Post:

marcfrick2112 (11-25-2011), Suzy (11-26-2011)

creepy crawly

I am:
      Blah

Real (nick)name
      Marc
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Great Pics, Scool! And a really pretty girl!

Semi-Official Disclaimer: OK, this forum does not recommend handling, etc. T's are mean and nasty..... blah, blah, etc., ad nauseum.. but chaco's are CERTAINLY in the Top 5 most handleable T's. My chaco's are about tied with my G. pulchra, and PZB slings, for being docile....
      On a rare occasion, Gabby, my MM, might be 'grumpy'... meaning he pushes away my hands if I try to hold him! *Eeek! I am being..pushed by a 'giant spider'? Very nice fella! Gabby never has flicked... Laura, my free juvie will...
      Official Tus.com 'Spider Spoiler'

Life itself is our most precious gift!

Marc's Angels:

Fuzzy - 5" MF G. rosea
      Gabby - 5.5" MM G. pulchripes
      Laila - 3" Aphono. 'NR'
      Lorenzo- MM G. pulchripes
      The babies:
      Jinx and Minx - PZB twins
      Remi - A. diversipes (R.I.P.)
      Disclaimer: This forum does not endorse handling any tarantula. ALL T's are venomous, and could bite. Handle any T at your own risk.

Click
      to view my Gallery!

Hungry!!

I am:
      In Pain

Tarantulas

Thanks
      This is my girl, Camille:

Name:	Camille hand.jpg 
Views:	350 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	18878

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cavelle For This Useful Post:

Suzy (11-26-2011)

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Been waiting for this thread to get started! Love these guys!

Until two weeks ago, these were the second to the last T on my wishlist! G. pulchra is last. Ok, and maybe (definitely) A. purpurea.

But I got two freebies from crawltech when I ordered about 4 Ts. for other friends.

These cuties molted into 2nd instar around Nov 9 after crawltech waited some 3 weeks longer than he anticipated, and started shipping them out soon after.

I am anxious to know when I can expect them to molt again! I love keeping charts and once i get a molt or two in my care, I can predict within a day or so the next molt. Getting pretty good at it. Just waiting for these two molt next and don't know if it will be after 4 weeks or 6? Or 3 (next week!)?

Anyway, here are a couple pics of one of these cuties.

Name:	_MG_7241a G pulchripes sling sm.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	18884

Name:	_MG_7250a G pulchripes sling sm.jpg 
Views:	359 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	18885

Also, how big do they get? Related, I have read elsewhere that there are actually two species in the hobby under Grammostola pulchripes, and the more uncommon one is the one known to get up to 10 inches or so. What about the more common one (these I assume are from that species)?

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      I have not heard that manly. But, average for pulchriles is about 8".

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.