• Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Wicked
  • Woot!
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw!
  • Crappy
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks similar to Nhandu trIpepii (vulpinus)

Retired Moderator

Blah, Blah, ... Woof, Woof ...

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks

TConfused Looks similar to Nhandu trIpepii (vulpinus)

Okay, this is probably the dumbest thread ever, but are there any Ts that look similar to a N. tripepii?
      So far, in my search, the closest thing I've found to it is a N. Coloratovillosus. I LOVE the thick fuzzy hair. I should just wait to find this exacit species, probably, but I'm beginning to think I won't find one.
      My husband is going to get me a really nice T for Christmas. I was going to get a Pokie, but started second guessing that decision because they hide so much. If he's going to spend +100 on a T for me, do I really want something that hides? I think I want something is more visible. I want a N. Tripepii, but I'm not going to find one.
      Suggestions? (besides that I need to grow up.. )
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Suzy

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts
      LOL those look like living cotton balls/crossed with Chewbacca! I can only think of curly hairs, and coloratovilosus as you mentioned...T. blondi's legs are "fuzzy".
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranchibi For This Useful Post:

Suzy (11-23-2011)

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      I have an adult female Curly. I might ask for a good size confirmed female N. coloratovillosus.
      I also found an Avicularia geraldi in my searches, but I'm thinking they probably hide too. My versi has been hidden in her web since the day after I unpacked her. I don't see her day or night. That is a pretty expensive web.... LOL!
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Suzy

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      I decided to ask for a B. Klaasi. It has the look I want and hopefully will be visible. They cost more though. I'm not sure I've been that good.

Suzy

Brachypelma Lover

I am:
      Amazed

Thanks
      I also love Brachypelmas. I have a biologist friend who raises B. klaasi to free in the state in Mexico they come from. He is trying to repopulate but I have an idea it is a losing battle. I know you have been exceptionally good on this site so that should delete any bad you have done elsewhere. Looking forward to pictures when you have it settled.
      0.2.0 Brachypelma sabulosum - WC Manuela,Lola 1.0.0 Brachypelma emilia - Ferd
      1.0.2 Brachypelma smithi - Frank
      0.1.0 Brachypelma albiceps - Kathy 0.2.0 Brachypelma boehmei - Sofia, Sintia
      1.1.0 Grammostola rosea - NCF - Gramma Espi, Grampa Jim
      0.0.1 Avicularia versicolor 0.0.1 G.B.B.
      0.0.1 Grammostola rosea RCF 0.0.1 Brachypelma Curlyhair
      0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana

7. The Following User Says Thank You to santac For This Useful Post:

Suzy (11-26-2011)

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanks so much for that vote of confidence Santac!

I asked for the $350 4" confirmed female... so maybe I will actually get the 2" unsexed one...

Suzy

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      I have, apparently, been good.

Suzy

Administrator

“Perhaps it's impossible
      to wear an identity without
      becoming what you pretend to
      be.” - Orson Scott Card
      - Ender's Game

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Beth
      Tarantulas
      A few

Thanks
      Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,910 Posts
      Oh WOW~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Congrats~!!!
      --->
      --->

Live each day as if it were your last. Cherish the beauty of your surroundings and see the life ever present around you. Find the joy nature provides by the simple act of being aware.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ***Beth*** For This Useful Post:

Suzy (11-27-2011)

Retired Moderator

I am:
      Pensive

Real (nick)name
      Suzy
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      If I happened to have said anything mean about my husband in chat last night, I take it all back.

Suzy

Administrator

“Perhaps it's impossible
      to wear an identity without
      becoming what you pretend to
      be.” - Orson Scott Card
      - Ender's Game

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Beth
      Tarantulas
      A few

Thanks
      Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,910 Posts
      I'm SSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS~!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      --->
      --->

Live each day as if it were your last. Cherish the beauty of your surroundings and see the life ever present around you. Find the joy nature provides by the simple act of being aware.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ***Beth*** For This Useful Post:

Suzy (11-27-2011)