Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Very kind Jump. Thanks. It was a new experience for me and I am glad I could document it to share with others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Oooohhhh!!!! I am excited!!!

I found someone last night who made an offer on a trade for Leviathan that I like. I only have 6 Ts that I am after as far as my wish list, and he offered me #1 on that list: Brachypelma albiceps!

So my gentle Leviathan has a date!

I will be sure to document how to pack and ship an adult T as I do this and post that on a thread (actually already have a thread strarted, will update it with pics).

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

No status right now.

I am:
      Devilish

Tarantulas

Thanks
      my last MM LP lasted ~3 years as a MM, so you should have plenty of time lol
      Art For Sale: (PM for details)

Reviews:

No status right now.

I am:
      Devilish

Tarantulas

Thanks
      absolutely awesome video thanks so much for sharing that. i've never actually seen the whole process with any of my MM's only the before and whats left after wards. amazing to see the whole process
      1.1.0 B.vagans
      0.0.1 B.boehmei
      0.0.9 A.versi
      0.0.13 OBT
      0.0.6 P.irminia
      0.1.0 P.cambridgei
      0.0.8 B.albo
      0.1.0 G.pulchra
      0.0.1 LP
      1.1.20 Rosie's
      0.1.0 Avic.sp
      0.1.3 C.mashalli
      0.0.2 C.ritae
      0.0.3 L. fallax
      0.0.1 L.megatheloides
      and many more

Loving her hubby and her
      babies :)

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      Married 6 years love my hubby millions have a beautiful baby girl called Belle & 2 gorgeous step-daughters Cookie & B who all rock my world.Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should just dance :D my family are my world they are everything to me

Thanks
      Fab pics really great you managed to capture the whole process
      0.0.1 A. caniceps
      1.0.0 A. seemanni
      0.0.1 A. metallica
      0.0.1 A. versicolour
      0.0.1 B. albiceps
      0.0.2 B. albopilosum
      0.0.1 B. auratum
      0.0.1 B. boehmei
      0.0.1 B. emilia
      0.0.1 B. smithi
      0.0.1 B. vagans
      0.0.1 B verdezi
      0.0.1 C. fasciatum
      0.0.1 E. sp "RED"
      1.0.7 G. rosea
      0.0.1 G. pulchra
      0.0.5 G. pulchripes
      0.0.1 L. parahybana
      0.0.1 N. chromatus
      0.0.1 P. regalis
      0.0.1 P. irminia

1.0.0 B. albopilosum RIP Homer

creepy crawly

I am:
      Blah

Real (nick)name
      Marc
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan7 View Post
      I see you are in "Pa." Pennsylvania, right? Unfortunately, I am in Canada, so that won't work.

I have some leads that I am keeping in mind here though.

But this does raise a question I have. Once they lay a sperm web, is there a time limit I have to get him bred? I am not ready just yet, and would like to wait a couple weeks. Do I have the time, or do I need to get him off to someone immediately?
      Hi, well, what I heard from my MM chaco's 'godfather' (James Sanders) , it is best to mate a recently molted MM T within 6 months....

I lucked out... I found my Gabby a 'date' less than a month after his MM molt.....

Now, if only Penelope would lay a sac!!!!!!

Edit: and my Gabby (MM chaco) often makes then tears up sperm webs...
      Often several times per month.
      Official Tus.com 'Spider Spoiler'

Life itself is our most precious gift!

Marc's Angels:

Fuzzy - 5" MF G. rosea
      Gabby - 5.5" MM G. pulchripes
      Laila - 3" Aphono. 'NR'
      Lorenzo- MM G. pulchripes
      The babies:
      Jinx and Minx - PZB twins
      Remi - A. diversipes (R.I.P.)
      Disclaimer: This forum does not endorse handling any tarantula. ALL T's are venomous, and could bite. Handle any T at your own risk.

Click
      to view my Gallery!

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      For educational purposes, I thought it would be good to revive this thread, AND to sticky it.

Seems I have had conversations lately with others in which this thread would have been useful.

Enjoy!

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      Sticky?

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts
      Congrats and good luck ManlyMan7!
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"