between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts

Avicularia geroldi Fanclub!

Come one (at this point, just me ), come all to the secret Avicularia geroldi fanclub.

Secret because this little jewel is quite the gem among Avics.

Post your pics here (if you have them!) and be the life of the party,....er, the envy of the neighborhood (of the forum anyway). Yeah, that's it.

This gem is known as the Brazilian Blue and Green Pinktoe and, as far as I have been able to tell, it is like having a large, Avicularia metallica that is blue rather than frosted grey.

I got this gem from Tarantula Canada two days ago, and am looking forward to it growing up to show its colors. Right now, it looks like a normal Avicularia sling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_7236a geroldi sm.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	42429

So post, if you dare!

Actually, I want to know more about these. Just how big do they get? I hear they get up to 7". I also read they are quite gentle (no surprise for an Avicularia, eh?)
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 02-05-2014 at 10:25 AM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      I am sad to report that no sooner had I started this fan club, than I have to leave it.

My geroldi got stuck in its molt last night.

Name:	_MG_7316a failed geroldi molt sm.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	42513

And unless others show up in Canada, it may be a long time before I have opportunity to get another.

Last edited by ManlyMan7; 02-05-2014 at 10:24 AM.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      Scott....

I am very saddened by this. my condolences.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Administrator

“Perhaps it's impossible
      to wear an identity without
      becoming what you pretend to
      be.” - Orson Scott Card
      - Ender's Game

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Beth
      Tarantulas
      A few

Thanks
      Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,910 Posts
      Oh no So sorry!
      --->
      --->

Live each day as if it were your last. Cherish the beauty of your surroundings and see the life ever present around you. Find the joy nature provides by the simple act of being aware.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts
      Gosh...I'm sorry
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Me too. Thanks guys.

But this IS a fan club, so any new members out there?

I wanna see pics and hear stories!

Anyone?
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 02-05-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Pipa Pipa! Whatcha peepin' at?

I am:
      Cheerful

Real (nick)name
      Mr. Lumpia
      Tarantulas
      100+

Thanks
      Why am I just now seeing this fan club !?!? Manly man , I'm sorry about your loss. The molting picture is a sad one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bamboo For This Useful Post:

ManlyMan7 (02-22-2013)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
      Why am I just now seeing this fan club !?!? Manly man , I'm sorry about your loss. The molting picture is a sad one
      Thanks Bamboo.

It was sad. At the moment, I am waiting to cash in the store credit I have with Tarantula Canada for the loss since it happened just a couple days after receiving the T (they had a 1 week LAG). I am waiting, but doubting I will see geroldis in stock anytime soon.
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 02-05-2014 at 10:25 AM.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks

I'm back in!

I got my replacement at an expo yesterday from Tarantula Canada! YEAH!!! Pics coming soon.

This little one is actually maybe two molts larger than the previous one (now at 1 3/8"), and also looks a bit darker, like in premolt. It hasn't touched the two pinheads I put in there, and the chelicerae do look like they are about to pop off the face.

Here's hoping!

And I think I want to name this little one "Leap" because in two minutes of handling, it has jumped 7 times!

Will someone please edit this post and put in some returns between thoughts?! Seems I am having issues, and my return key is not working in these reply windows! (works fine in other applications, and even in chat!) Thanks.
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 09-02-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Looks fine to me. ;)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks

Pics of Leap...

I rehoused Leap this evening, and it has now consumed the two crix in its cage. Here are a few shots.

Name:	IMG_9828a Avic geroldi Leap.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	46674

Name:	IMG_9830a Avic geroldi Leap.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	46675
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 02-05-2014 at 10:27 AM.