Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,397 Times in 3,126 Posts
      So since I moved into this house 2 years ago next month, I have been planning to turn the bare concrete basement into living space. Included in that are a bedroom, bathroom, office/ T-room, utility area, workbench area, and a 12'x24' den (with a few closets).

I started framing July of last year, and got my building permit in August. Framing went well, but various things slowed me down or brought this to a grinding halt a few times.

But I finally got the sign-off to go ahead and start dry-walling a week ago!

My office is now poised and ready for paint!

Here are a few pics of my office in its construction...

Here you can see the shelf supports built into the wall for 6 - 5 1/2" foot melamine shelves for my Ts. Should fit about 50 regular cages.

Next with dry wall up.

And this is as of tonight. Ready to paint!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170911_144628.jpg   20170912_110531.jpg   20170926_190523.jpg  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Oh, I forgot to add. I have 4 LED pot lights in the room (pivotable and dimmable) on a timer I can set so they will come on and turn off at set times each day.

And as you can see, the room is insulated (both for sound and heat) and I will have a baseboard heater to warm it up.

And my wife is not complaining in the least in these mods since it means the pets will get moved downstairs soon and no longer clutter the living room upstairs.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Drum roll please.....

Introducing my newly finished office/ tarantula room!

I am SO excited about this!
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171009_205037 sm.jpg  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

sdsnybny (10-11-2017)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      I am excited, and my Ts are happy too. For the first time in 2 years, they have a warm room to live in. Nearly every single T is up against the front of the glass to enjoy the warmth here.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20171006_210138 sm.jpg  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

sdsnybny (10-11-2017)

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,535 Times in 2,833 Posts
      It looks really great Manly! I know you are excited and proud of your new room, as you should be!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tgirl1010 For This Useful Post:

ManlyMan7 (10-15-2017)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanks.

And apparently I did this just in time as we adopted a German Shepherd three days ago (I have a thread here explaining that).

So the Ts have a safe room to be, away from dog.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      Looks incredible Scott.
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to J!m For This Useful Post:

ManlyMan7 (10-15-2017)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanks J!m. It is so sweet. And I can't believe I did this and it is finally done!