shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      I don't know, what were we talking about.
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Fantastic!

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Brett
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      ManlyMan7, do you have any charts and stuff for your Nhandu chromatus? I got a 1-incher at the reptile show today and I'd like to see what I can expect in terms of growth.
      0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana-Terry
      0.0.1 Pelinobius muticus-I.R.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Boosh96 View Post
      ManlyMan7, do you have any charts and stuff for your Nhandu chromatus? I got a 1-incher at the reptile show today and I'd like to see what I can expect in terms of growth.
      I do have 3 Nhandu chromatus slings that are sacmates. The biggest is to molt in the next day or so and will likely be just under 3". The other two are significanly smaller.

I will try to get charts posted in the next week or so, but I am quite busy at the moment.

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Im not the smartest peanut in
      the turd

I am:
      Busy

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Manly, would you say the growth rate is typical in most T's?
      This would be interesting to see the average growth of a species vs others, to find out the fastest growing T. Ive already started a spread sheet (rather poorly) on when I got them, feeding, molt, cage maintenance, ect. I never thought to record DLS and document growth.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,436 Times in 3,162 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by nepenthes View Post
      Manly, would you say the growth rate is typical in most T's?
      This would be interesting to see the average growth of a species vs others, to find out the fastest growing T. Ive already started a spread sheet (rather poorly) on when I got them, feeding, molt, cage maintenance, ect. I never thought to record DLS and document growth.
      Not sure if I follow the first question. Are chromatus typical growth rate for a T? Yea, I would say so. My biggest girl is approaching 3" and I got her in October at 3/8". My Chaco was 5/8" when I got her a year before, and just over 3" bt the same time.

Go look up the Typical Tarantula Temperaments thread I started a year or two ago. It has a LOT of Ts (over 100 species) and over 500 entries that catalogue people's ratings of many features (growth rates, biteyness, flickiness, urt hair potency, venom potency, skittishness, etc.).

If I ever get help again or the motivation myself, I will revive that thread and project, especially now that I have more Ts and older Ts to add data for, and now that we have so very many new members since then.

As for the fastest growing T, at this point, I would say A. geniculata gets the prize, at least in my estimation. I mean, my 3.5" female I got back late August is now over 7" (6 months!)

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

nepenthes (03-13-2013)