between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts

Someone talk me into getting a Black & White Tegu

So here's the challenge: Talk me INTO getting an Argentinian Black and White (or blue) Tegu.

This thread is NOT to talk me OUT of getting one (that will be the next thread here).

Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      You KNOW you want one, GO for it!!!!!!!!

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      OMG they are so awesome. I hear they are the "dogs" of the lizard world. You should most definitely get one. Think of all the fun your kids will have with it too. What wonderful family memories you will make

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tgirl1010 For This Useful Post:

JumpSpidersInc (05-10-2013)

Administrator

“Perhaps it's impossible
      to wear an identity without
      becoming what you pretend to
      be.” - Orson Scott Card
      - Ender's Game

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Beth
      Tarantulas
      A few

Thanks
      Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,910 Posts
      Cuteness factor.
      Coolness factor.
      No one else on the block has one (I'd guess..)
      --->
      --->

Live each day as if it were your last. Cherish the beauty of your surroundings and see the life ever present around you. Find the joy nature provides by the simple act of being aware.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ***Beth*** For This Useful Post:

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanks guys.

Here are the reasons I have at the moment to talk myself into one.

1. [img]
      http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=images&cd=&c ad=rja&docid=a6pyqDoXNuAU9M&tbnid=pyh0KR3jIZrueM:& ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcarnivoraforum.com%2 Ftopic%2F9508642%2F&ei=JwSPUb-ZMpG0qQHRg4CwCg&bvm=bv.46340616,d.aWc&psig=AFQjCNF ZElQmSDWbabi3w93hsYAPd3SlOg&ust=1368413604903018[/img]

That is just too cool!

2. I have ever wanted a large monitor-type lizard, but only recently fell in love with tegus as a better alternative.

3. They are so pretty!

4. They get big.

5. MY NEIGHBOR HAS A GOOD-SIZED CAGE HE IS OFFERING TO GIVE ME! He is moving soon, and this tank was what his previous late beardie was kept in, but it is big enough for a tegu.

6. My wife is all for it.

7. Despite the lack of room, my wife has stated recently that she wanted to move her sewing corner into another room (presently exclusively the kids' play room), thus giving me room for this big cage!
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 12-28-2015 at 11:16 AM.

incei pusher :-)

I am:
      Sneaky

Thanks
      The r big
      They r cute
      Have awesome personality
      Argentines have good temperament
      Think of pops faces when u walk ur tegu wih ur kids around the block on a hot sunny day
      They can be potty trained
      U can knit clothes for it in the winter months ( my friends mom did it for his tegu lol) while it roamed the house
      When it gets to about 3-4ft u can let it sit on your dash while u drive and freak out the cars next to u at stop light
      *Please note that ALL tarantulas have a certain amount of venom. Although most people are not affected, some people may be allergic to the venom, or just more sensitive, making it a dangerous situation. Some species of tarantulas can rub urticating hairs off of their abdomens, which can also cause a reaction, depending on the person. Affects of tarantulas' natural defenses may vary between people. If you have decided you are still going to handle your T's IT IS YOUR RISK.*

9. The Following User Says Thank You to mommypiggy For This Useful Post:

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by mommypiggy View Post
      The r big
      They r cute
      Have awesome personality
      Argentines have good temperament
      Think of pops faces when u walk ur tegu wih ur kids around the block on a hot sunny day
      They can be potty trained
      U can knit clothes for it in the winter months ( my friends mom did it for his tegu lol) while it roamed the house
      When it gets to about 3-4ft u can let it sit on your dash while u drive and freak out the cars next to u at stop light
      Funny MP.

Not many HOT summer days here in Canada.

Potty trained is coool. How does one do that?

As far as the knit clothes for them, nice idea, but I doubt it would do any good since they are ectothermic (cold-blooded) and can't produce their own body heat to trap inside of their clothes.

As for driving with them on the dash, I used to do that with my 4.5' iguana in the back window of my car. Had some Latinos drive by on the highway once who seemed to be eyeing him and licking their lips. In Latin American countries, they are referred to as "the chicken of the tree." In their culture, they viewed him as food and that made me a bit nervous. LOL.
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 12-28-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ManlyMan7 View Post
      Thanks guys.

Here are the reasons I have at the moment to talk myself into one.

1. [img]http://www.google.ca/url?sa=i&rct=j&...68413604903018[/img]

That is just too cool!

2. I have ever wanted a large monitor-type lizard, but only recently fell in love with tegus as a better alternative.

3. They are so pretty!

4. They get big.

5. MY NEIGHBOR HAS A GOOD-SIZED CAGE HE IS OFFERING TO GIVE ME! He is moving soon, and this tank was what his previous late beardie was kept in, but it is big enough for a tegu.

6. My wife is all for it.

7. Despite the lack of room, my wife has stated recently that she wanted to move her sewing corner into another room (presently exclusively the kids' play room), thus giving me room for this big cage!
      And you don't have one yet??????????

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      OK, only 8 posts here, but 33 on the other one so far?

Common folks, you are supposed to be talking me INTO getting a Black-and-White Tegu. At this rate, maybe I shouldn't get one.

Actually, I REALLY want a gorgeous BLUE Tegu, like Lucky here

That is just simply amazing!

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      get one!!!!! Hurry up!

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.