I am:
      Amused

Real (nick)name
      Dustin
      Tarantulas
      12 and rising!

Thanks

TMad Rosehairs

Is It possible for them to cohab happily or would they fight? I have 2 females and think it would be cool I have a spare 40 gallon and think it would be cool to set it up as the head board for my bed as a surprise for my wife and she loves the t's any help would be awesome and very much appreciated.

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      They absolutely can NOT live together. One will kill the other. Tarantulas are generally not tolerable of one another. There are a few species that people have good luck with in a communal setting. M balfouri and H incei are the two that come to mind. G rosea is definitely NOT communal.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tgirl1010 For This Useful Post:

Poec54 (12-15-2013)

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      I agree with Tgirl, but if you want to use the tank still as a headboard, you could put a divider in the tank and essentially make two separate tanks from the one. A piece of glass or plexiglass cut to fit as a divider, and siliconed into place. Then make sure the Ts don't have access to each other over the top of the divider. Not as easy as fixing the divider in place.

And are you sure your wife would like that as a headboard? She might love Ts, but having them in a tank at your head while you sleep might not be the same thing for her. Might be worth it to pass this idea by her first.

I'm just sayin'

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

AnAngryBull

New babies!!!

I am:
      Amused

Real (nick)name
      Dustin
      Tarantulas
      12 and rising!

Thanks
      I think she would like to she uses a cage that we converted into a bedside table lol. She's kind of a freak lol she would love having a head board that had spiders or even poison darts lol. She's been hinting at me getting some for her for a while lol.
      <b> 0.0.1 A. Geniculata (Dr. Strange) 0.0.1 A. Hentzi (Texas Tornado) 0.0.1 B. Albopilosum (Nick Fury) 0.0.1 B Smithi (Torch) 0.0.1 B. Vagans (Deadpool) 0.0.1 C. Cyaneopubescens (Spiderman) 0.0.1 C. Darlingi (Rhino) 0.01 C. Fastiatum (DareDevil) 0.0.1 C. Fimbriatus (Namor) 0.0.1 G. Pulchripes (Nova) 0.1.0 G. Pulchra (Black Panther) 1.1.0 G. Rosea (Abomination, Pepper) 0.01 H Colombia sp. large (Wasp) 0.0.3 H. Incei (group of 3) 0.0.1 P. Irminia (Black Widow) 0.0.1 P Subfusca (Silver Surfer) 0.0.1 P. Murinus (Thing)</b>