No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Real (nick)name
      Jon
      Tarantulas

Thanks

Another dead T :/

Just found my P. Irminia curled :/ first my gbb now my irminia, anyone know why? This is the same thing tht happened with my gbb, first they molt and all seems well then a few days later, they're dead. 2 times now in the last week or 2, luckily my obt molted a while ago and he seems alright
      Youtube channel-
      To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Subscribe, Like and Comment!

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      sounds like dehydration.
      What are the exact details of your set up?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      +1 for what Scoolman said.
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Real (nick)name
      Jon
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Just a tank, some substrate and a hide, 4 both the gbb and the irminia, as for the water, I just spray they're tank like twice a week, they were only slings though so I couldn't give them a water bowl
      Youtube channel-

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      I agree with Scoolman. With this cold weather the heat in our homes tend to dry the air out. I have to really keep an eye on enclosures. They dry out pretty quick. Please post pictures of your enclosures so we can help you a bit better. I'm sorry for your losses.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Real (nick)name
      Jon
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Alright, thx, I'll post some Tomorow cuz I got school so I gotta get 2 bed soon and I'm witting this from my iPod
      Youtube channel-

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
      Just a tank, some substrate and a hide, 4 both the gbb and the irminia, as for the water, I just spray they're tank like twice a week, they were only slings though so I couldn't give them a water bowl
      Definitely dehydration. Slings are very susceptible to dehydration. If spraying was your method of watering and humidity, you ned to do it daily. A spiderling as small as .5" can use a water bottle cap as a dish. Also, wetting the substrate is far more effective for maintaining humidity than misting.

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Real (nick)name
      Jon
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Hmmm, alright thx, r they more likely to get dehydrated after a molt? Cuz both them died a few days after a molt, and I've been misting them at the same rate since I got them 2-3 months ago
      Youtube channel-

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      yes. They lose a lot of fluIds during a molt. They need to be able to drink after a molt, and the humidity needs to be increased during a molt.

------

No status right now.

I am:
      Sleepy

Real (nick)name
      Jon
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Ya I always increase it during a molt but I usually don't give him any extra after a moly, maybe thats we're I went wrong…
      Youtube channel-