• Vilified
  • Volatile
  • Wicked
  • Woot!
  • Worried
  • YeeHaw!
  • Crappy
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost and Found in the Postal System. MM lives!

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts

Pictures...

Oops, somehow, this posted before I could write on it.

Anyway, here are some long overdue pictures of the MM Chaco and his shipping box.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8240.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	55162

He is a fiesty one. I had him out at the camp meeting I was at last week and he threw a threat pose until he was laying on his back. Had him in hand moments later.

He was shipped in a 3-box system. The outer two boxes were cardboard, and the innermost was this cigar box with the wood shreds. FAR more room than I would allow for shipping, and that makes it all the more miraculous that he survived!

Come to think of it, when my nose clears, I need to smell that box. Are those wood shavings cedar or pine?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8245.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	55163

And since then, he has paired up nicely with one of my females. He had a good 3 minutes of insertion, so I am very hopeful.
      Last edited by JumpSpidersInc; 07-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

***Beth*** (07-18-2014)

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      Wow, he sure has a will to live! He's a handsome fellow to.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      This is one of those threads that, even though you know it's true, it's still hare to believe. Just incredible. And nice MM Chaco. Did you say you paired him with your female?
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by J!m View Post
      This is one of those threads that, even though you know it's true, it's still hare to believe. Just incredible. And nice MM Chaco. Did you say you paired him with your female?

Isn't it? I have read stories from years ago, and find myself living it now. Just amazing!

Yes, I have paired them once already and plan to try again. And I plan to pair him with her sister as well.

His first pairing went well. I was just looking at the video this afternoon and noticed that he was busy inserting for 3.5 minutes!

It was a great video and I need to upload it.

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      .... beautiful MM Chaco, Scott... so glad he survived that ordeal.

That packing, tho.........

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      How did the pairing go last night?

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by Tgirl1010 View Post
      How did the pairing go last night?
      A no go. He was calmer, but still not interested in trying. She was emphatic at drumming and slapping the ground, but she did bare her fangs some last night.

I began to wonder if she is even mature yet and he knows she isn't, but then why would she be so seemingly receptive?

He was also chicken towards my big girl (this one's sister) the second time I paired them.

Might be something in the air. I tried also to pair again my RCF couple, and he was skittish for the first time ever too, even though there was a fresh sperm web in his cage.
      Last edited by ManlyMan7; 09-15-2014 at 03:36 PM.

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Hmmm I have noticed some nights my MMs are tapping like mad and wandering around, and some nights they just sit there in their enclosures. I would think it's got to do with maybe barometric pressure, humidity, temps, day length??? Who knows. Maybe keep an eye on him and when he is really looking for love try then. It could be that she isn't mature too. How big is she?

I love my Ts

I am:
      Curious

Real (nick)name
      Sev
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Oh my...54 days?! What a tough cookie! T's are something else, aren't they?

I'm glad he's doing well and survived his little adventure in a box.

S'ling

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Thanks

MM

I just wanted to add that this is my male I sent to ManlyMan that got lost. At some point when Canada post found my package they repackaged him to be sent off again in that cigar box. I was totally unaware of till recently that he was repackaged like that. So I would just like to clarify It was Canada post repacking job that ended him up in that cigar box and not my doing.
      It was a very long ordeal for that tarantula either way after that long of disappearance from the mail system. Then to show up well over a month later still alive!
      It still amazes me as well!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greenleg For This Useful Post:

J!m (09-15-2014), JumpSpidersInc (09-15-2014), Tgirl1010 (09-16-2014)