• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tragedy in my T Room...

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts
      I am so sorry for the losses ManlyMan7....it hurts to lose something you really cared for. I lost 2 female blondi's "after" they laid sacs this year. I had raised them from 2nd instar to 8 plus inches....my heart hurts writing this....so, I know how you feel...hang in there!
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ranchibi For This Useful Post:

ManlyMan7 (10-01-2014)

"You all know me...You
      know what I do for a
      livin!"

I am:
      Curious

Real (nick)name
      Kevin
      Tarantulas
      40ish

Thanks
      108*
      I also know how proud you were of your big girl...So sorry Scott.
      On the up side, this could have been a total loss if you were away longer. Thankfully you got home when you did.
      Here's a big Manly hug for ya...
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Great minds discuss ideas
      Average minds discuss events
      Simple minds discuss people

Snake & Bake Administrator

Building up my Zoo!

I am:
      Thinking

Tarantulas

Thanks
      I just saw this now. I am so very sorry for your loss. Thank goodness you got home when you did.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Thank you all again for your condolences. It does mean a lot.

I should update a bit here. I came home a week ago (the next weekend) on Monday to find the room was now 104*F. I thought I had things situated with the space heater.

After another panic, I checked the Ts but found no deaths. Later I discovered that I did lose a handful of my smithi slings.

But my C. ritae girl is not doing too well. When I found her, she wasn't in a death curl, but was not able to walk around. She waves her legs around, but doesn't seem able to put one in front of another.

A week later, she doesn't seem to be any more ambulatory, but I do notice that she is in a new place or new position almost every time I check on her, so that is encouraging.

She is 14 months past her last molt, so I am hoping she will molt soon and be fresh and healthy.

Unless she was trying to molt somehow and got stuck in her old skin before she even really started molting? Does that ever happen?

At that point, I decided to throw out my heater and the next day, we put $50 into one that has a thermostat. That is nice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      I'm sorry for your loss of the slings. I hope that the C ritae is ok. Maybe she is just very premolt and lethargic. I'm glad you got another heater.

Administrator

“Perhaps it's impossible
      to wear an identity without
      becoming what you pretend to
      be.” - Orson Scott Card
      - Ender's Game

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Beth
      Tarantulas
      A few

Thanks
      Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,910 Posts
      Hopefully this sorts it out. Hugs
      Keep us posted on the lil one
      --->
      --->

Live each day as if it were your last. Cherish the beauty of your surroundings and see the life ever present around you. Find the joy nature provides by the simple act of being aware.

Food coma

I am:
      Artistic

Real (nick)name
      Noelle
      Tarantulas
      3!

Thanks
      So very sorry to hear about your losses... Most all of us understand the mortifying sadness. We're glad to hear that nearly all of your other Ts are okay though.

When I was visiting my family for two months, my AC broke. Downstairs of my house was up to 90, so I can only assume the sunny upstairs room, where I keep my critters, must have gotten up to 100 or more. I'm thankful my Rosea endured, but my Springtail/isopod colony was lost, and I am glad I got a sitter for half my other T's. I don't know how long it had been broken during those two months... It really can happen to any of us, at any time. I'm sure most of us will have our eyes open, in case we find another big girl like yours, that's either in Canada, or can be brought in through customs...