livin!"

I am:
      Curious

Real (nick)name
      Kevin
      Tarantulas
      40ish

Thanks
      I'm going to wait until after her next meal, then try again.
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Great minds discuss ideas
      Average minds discuss events
      Simple minds discuss people

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Abet
      Tarantulas
      few :)

Thanks
      I'm having a hard time pairing/mating my P. Met's, seconds after I introduce the male, they both drum instantly, then after a while the female move away then stay in her hide, that was a week ago.. not sure if they made it in the early morning, but I'm hoping that they did, have to wait for a month for the result, I already move the male but someone told me to reintroduce the male, just to be sure
      Last edited by albertekiz; 10-29-2015 at 06:24 AM.

"You all know me...You
      know what I do for a
      livin!"

I am:
      Curious

Real (nick)name
      Kevin
      Tarantulas
      40ish

Thanks
      Update

Since attempting to pair my AF P. met which I co-habed with a MM several times, I've noticed her rubbing her furrow with her legs. I remember reading somewhere that this is a good sign, but it could just be her grooming.
      I never did see them hook up, but I did give them a lot of alone time. She's also never been a big eater, so I don't really notice if she's getting any fatter.

Hoping for the best.
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Great minds discuss ideas
      Average minds discuss events
      Simple minds discuss people

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KcFerry For This Useful Post:

NotBignHairy (12-22-2015)

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Kitten

Thanks
      Did she eat him afterward?
      DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Abet
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by albertekiz View Post
      I'm having a hard time pairing/mating my P. Met's, seconds after I introduce the male, they both drum instantly, then after a while the female move away then stay in her hide, that was a week ago.. not sure if they made it in the early morning, but I'm hoping that they did, have to wait for a month for the result, I already move the male but someone told me to reintroduce the male, just to be sure
      5 months after this post, here she is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P_20160202_120928_2.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	63726

Name:	P_20160202_185110.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	63727

what i did is introduce them last week of September, not sure if they made it so I reintroduce the male and co-habed it till the last week of October (to be sure), after that, I feed the female with dubia or lats once a week, sometimes i gave her meal worms, light misting the enclosure twice a month to maintain the humidity

the male is still fine, he SW again last week

the abdomen of the female is still big, maybe there will be a second clutch (hoping)
      Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee), Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Redknee), Brachypelma vagans (Mexican Redrump), Ceratogyrus darlingi (African Rear-horned Baboon), Poecilotheria metallica (Gooty Sapphire Ornamental), Monocentropus balfouri (Socotra Island Blue Baboon), Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue), Idiothele mira (Blue Foot Baboon), Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump), Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula - RCF), Brachionopus Pretoriae, Cyriopagopus schiodtei (Malaysian Earth Tiger), Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fang), Pelinobius muticus (King Baboon Spider), Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati, Haplopeloma vonwirthi (Vietnamese Earth Tiger), Lampropelma violaceopes (Singapore Blue), Stromatopelma calceatum (Feather leg baboon), Psalmopoeus reduncus (Costa Rican Orange mouth), Chilobrachys fimbriatus (Indian Violet), Theraphosa stirmi (Burgandy Goliath Birdeater), Heteroscodra maculata (Togo Starburst Baboon), Ephebopus rufescens (Burgundy Skeleton), Psednocnemis brachyramosa (Malaysian Blue Femur), Ephebopus murinus (Skeleton tarantula), Encyocratella olivacea (Tanzanian Black & Olive Baboon), Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Trinidad Cheveron), Pseudohapalpus sp. Blue (Colombian Bluebottle Tarantula), Oligoxystre diamentinensis (Brazilian Blue Dwarf), Chilobrachys sp electric blue, Harapctira chrysogaster, Haplcosmia himalayana (Himalayana Earth Tiger), Phormictopus atrichomatus (Red Island Birdeater Tarantula), Pamphobeteus sp. Goliath

7. The Following User Says Thank You to albertekiz For This Useful Post:

KcFerry (02-02-2016)

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Abet
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      after 18 days

Name:	IMG_0102.jpg 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	63922

Name:	IMG_0103.jpg 
Size:	96.3 KB 
ID:	63923
      Grammostola pulchripes (Chaco Golden Knee), Brachypelma smithi (Mexican Redknee), Brachypelma vagans (Mexican Redrump), Ceratogyrus darlingi (African Rear-horned Baboon), Poecilotheria metallica (Gooty Sapphire Ornamental), Monocentropus balfouri (Socotra Island Blue Baboon), Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens (Green Bottle Blue), Idiothele mira (Blue Foot Baboon), Cyclosternum fasciatum (Costa Rican Tiger Rump), Pterinochilus murinus (Orange Baboon Tarantula - RCF), Brachionopus Pretoriae, Cyriopagopus schiodtei (Malaysian Earth Tiger), Ephebopus cyanognathus (Blue Fang), Pelinobius muticus (King Baboon Spider), Lampropelma sp. Borneo Black, Cyriopagopus sp. Hati Hati, Haplopeloma vonwirthi (Vietnamese Earth Tiger), Lampropelma violaceopes (Singapore Blue), Stromatopelma calceatum (Feather leg baboon), Psalmopoeus reduncus (Costa Rican Orange mouth), Chilobrachys fimbriatus (Indian Violet), Theraphosa stirmi (Burgandy Goliath Birdeater), Heteroscodra maculata (Togo Starburst Baboon), Ephebopus rufescens (Burgundy Skeleton), Psednocnemis brachyramosa (Malaysian Blue Femur), Ephebopus murinus (Skeleton tarantula), Encyocratella olivacea (Tanzanian Black & Olive Baboon), Psalmopoeus cambridgei (Trinidad Cheveron), Pseudohapalpus sp. Blue (Colombian Bluebottle Tarantula), Oligoxystre diamentinensis (Brazilian Blue Dwarf), Chilobrachys sp electric blue, Harapctira chrysogaster, Haplcosmia himalayana (Himalayana Earth Tiger), Phormictopus atrichomatus (Red Island Birdeater Tarantula), Pamphobeteus sp. Goliath