I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      After exchange rate and shipping its $84
      How many species does it cover Malek?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      ------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoolman For This Useful Post:

JumpSpidersInc (11-25-2015)

My bad. I won't mention Jar
      Jar again.

I am:
      I'm Where?

Real (nick)name
      Lesser fragment of the cossor entity
      Sometimes i'm here and sometimes i'm not.
      Tarantulas
      One or two

Thanks
      There is about 80 different species covered in the last two thirds of the book.
      Put your arms around me
      Fiddly digits, itchy britches
      I love you all

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Malek For This Useful Post:

JumpSpidersInc (11-26-2015)

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Very nice. Would you say they cover the more common hobby species, rare species, or difficult to breed.
      My copy shipped out yesterday. Looking forward to reading it.

------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Scoolman For This Useful Post:

My bad. I won't mention Jar
      Jar again.

I am:
      I'm Where?

Real (nick)name
      Lesser fragment of the cossor entity
      Sometimes i'm here and sometimes i'm not.
      Tarantulas
      One or two

Thanks
      There is a good mix from each subfamily ranging from common easy to breed species such as P. murinus, H. incei, P. irminia through to rarer species such as Haplopelma sp. Malaysia, H. lightfooti, E. olivacea etc.
      Put your arms around me
      Fiddly digits, itchy britches
      I love you all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Malek For This Useful Post:

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Got my copy today.

------

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by Scoolman View Post
      Got my copy today.
      nice

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Got my copy on Monday.

On our drive back to Canada, I stopped off and saw the pet store where Beth works (unfortunately, she wasn't working there that day).

After drooling over the dozens and dozens of Ts, and hundreds of reptiles there, I spotted some tarantula books on a rack. Immediately, I thought of this book, but didn't see it. Then my wife walked up to me and said she saw a book in the enclosed tarantula shelf that I might be interested in (as if she read my mind). It was right in front of me, but I had to go to the side of the shelf to see it. And to my delight, it was the book!

Bought it for $48 + tax.

Thank you Beth!!! I know you are responsible for stocking it!

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

***Beth*** (03-12-2016)

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Question: page 111 describes breeding tips and information for Grammostola anthracina. Under the subsection "Particulars", it says, "This taxon is a synanym for G. moolicoma... It is also traded under the name Grammostola pulchra. There is a lot of confusion regarding these two names."

My question is this, is G. pulchra actually G. anthracina, or are the Brazilian Blacks sold in the hobby not true pulchras, but anthracina?

This is the first I have ever heard of anthracina, and that the hobby pulchras are something different than I understood.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      I finished the book over the last week. Well, mostly. I read all the chapters leading up to the individual species care and breeding info, then read the species I am currently interested in.

And I have to say, I was very impressed with the book.

I learned some things and hope to share it around the forum here.

If you don't have this book, GET IT! It is worth it!