• YeeHaw!
  • Crappy

Thread: How fast do l.parabana grow?

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Thanks

How fast do l.parabana grow?

I was wondering what the growth rate of LP's was. I know a lot depends on sex + feeding, But some are really slow growing like G.Rosea? Thanks Lanny

Super pulchra Mod

No status right now.

I am:
      Lurking

Tarantulas
      A lot

Thanks
      Thanked 1,916 Times in 1,313 Posts
      They are fast growers. I cant comment on rate, but others here can.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      ------

Relax! Take it easy. This is not an instantaneous hobby. It's a long term "getting to know you" sort of thing. There's plenty of time, perhaps a whole lifetime, to enjoy these phenomenal creatures. Patience. One step at a time. One day at a time. No worries. -Stan Schultz

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

stuck in the rain

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Steve
      Tarantulas
      130+

Thanks
      From what I have read they can go from tiny sling to 4-6" in the first year of life. I bought my 1" sling less than a year ago and its now pushing 5". Still cant get a non mangled molt to sex it.

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the
      wanderer/Yeah, the wanderer/ I
      roam around, around, around

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      Thanked 1,377 Times in 1,094 Posts
      I have raised a lot! Of these and some grow fast but I have had a few slow growers.
      Feed em all they want are they will get some size.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      My experience is that males grow very fast, sometimes growing by 50% in size on a molt, while females not so fast. They are still fast growers, but not as fast as males. A male can mature within a year at a 7-9" boy!

My girl is currently about 5 years old and 9". She reached 7" within a year and has taken about 4 more years to reach 9".

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

Gscottjr (07-26-2016), pan60 (07-20-2016)

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks
      i have one girl that took a couple years to hit 6" but she is now my largest girl.

Lazy.

I am:
      Woot!

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Mine was two inches when I got her in March of 2015. This pic was her this past week. Glove's for itchies, not bites-- the hairs from this girl drive me crazy. The measurement between the points on my hand between where the upper rear leg is and the diagonal front leg, in the lower left of the pic, is 6.5". She's probably 7-7.5" stretched out.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_1056.jpg  

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ophidia For This Useful Post:

Gscottjr (07-26-2016)

Super Mellow Moderator

They call me the

I am:
      Spaced

Real (nick)name
      pan
      Tarantulas
      lots!!

Thanks

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Quote Originally Posted by ophidia View Post
      Mine was two inches when I got her in March of 2015. This pic was her this past week. Glove's for itchies, not bites-- the hairs from this girl drive me crazy. The measurement between the points on my hand between where the upper rear leg is and the diagonal front leg, in the lower left of the pic, is 6.5". She's probably 7-7.5" stretched out.

Nice!

Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

Fighting Ants... HELP!!!

I am:
      Stuck

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 2,999 Times in 2,295 Posts
      Females grow very quickly to about 4-5" then slow down considerably. I had a 1.5" male grow to 9" in one year! Biggest LP male I have ever laid eyes on ...gave him to a friend who bred him.
      T. stirmi 0.3.18, T. apophysis 6.5" 0.1.0
      N. chromatus 0.1.0, N. coloratovillosus 0.2.0
      G. pulchripes 0.1.0, A. geniculata 0.2.0
      P. regalis 0.2.0, Chilobrachy sai yok 0.1.0, Gorgyrella sp. black Africa 0.1.0
      L. parahybana 0.1.0, L. striatipes 0.2.0, L. klugi 0.1.0, Pamphobeteus sp. Santo Domingo 0.1.0
      Acanthogonatus pi ss ii 0.2.0, Acanthogonatus francki 0.2.0, 1-Linothele fallax 0.1.0, A. vilches 0.1.0, Diplura sp. Sanguinea 1/2"