----

Real (nick)name
      Evan
      Tarantulas
      ;)

Thanks

TGrin I'm Back!

Hey Everybody!

I'm back from about five years being absent from the hobby! I created a new account with the same username I'm guessing my old one was deleted or this is a new forum with the same name. I'm hoping to see some familiar names and some new ones. For those of you who don't know me my name is Evan and I'm from NJ. I haven't kept tarantulas for the past few years aside from my loyal rose hair. I recently picked up a juvenile T. stirmi for $30 and it spurred me to check in on everybody here. I created an account on another forum because I couldn't find this one at first but would love to use this forum again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to brokenxspirits For This Useful Post:

JumpSpidersInc (01-06-2017)

Super Manly Moderator

Attitude: The difference
      between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 4,439 Times in 3,165 Posts
      Hi brokenxspirits. Welcome back!

From what you described, I think you probably dropped off the old forum around the time we lost it. I had joined a few months before. Within a couple months, a few members (Baylee, ***Beth***, Jeremy) rebuilt it from scratch and had this forum up in May of 2011. Great to know people can still find us.

As for those you might recognize, I am trying to think of some of them. Pan60 is still around. J!m-AKA-the-Loner is now just J!m. You may remember JumpingSpidersInc.

Congrats on your stirmi! We can't wait to see pics!

Are you getting anymore? Or have you acquired other Ts as well?

I too had a break from Ts. I had a few up until about 2001, then got back into the hobby in 2011 after goronto here gave me his 3 Ts.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you around now.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
      Originally Posted by ManlyMan7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Originally Posted by crawltech
      Toss the male in, take him out of the water dish in bolus form the next day.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      Oh, and I should mention that this forum requires 5 posts before chat and posting pics opens up to you (it's an anti-spam thing).

So you gots 4 more posts to make.

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with these species.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator

Ready for Halloween!

I am:
      Cheerful

Tarantulas
      maybe 70 ish?

Thanks
      Thanked 3,548 Times in 2,845 Posts
      Hi and welcome back! Congrats on the new addition.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tgirl1010 For This Useful Post:

Super Manly Moderator

between an ordeal and an
      adventure.

I am:
      Godly

Tarantulas

Thanks
      There's another one that you might remember.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ManlyMan7 For This Useful Post:

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Evan
      Tarantulas
      ;)

Thanks
      I remember Baylee, Beth and Jeremy. I'm glad they were able to recreate the forum. It did take a lot of searching to find this. I am looking to acquire some new T's hopefully from a trustworthy source. It's hard to remember who to go to. I'll probably make a post in the wanted section and maybe reply to some threats to get my post count up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to brokenxspirits For This Useful Post:

Administrator

I will find you.

I am:
      Lurking

Real (nick)name
      Jump, JSI
      Tarantulas

Thanks
      Thanked 5,731 Times in 4,740 Posts
      Welcome back, Evan!

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas is not advised or endorsed by this forum. In certain cases of envenomation, hospitalization has been required. Please use caution when dealing with any tarantula species.

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      Hey, Evan. I'm glad you found us. I remember you from the old forum. I was originally TheLoner their until Wayne shamed me into using my real name. That's when I went to J!mAKAtheloner. When we started up this forum, I just went to J!m.

I noticed that you are keeping a snake in addition to your new T. There are some good reptile people here too. Anyway, glad your back.
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!

No status right now.

I am:
      ----

Real (nick)name
      Evan
      Tarantulas
      ;)

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by J!m View Post
      Hey, Evan. I'm glad you found us. I remember you from the old forum. I was originally TheLoner their until Wayne shamed me into using my real name. That's when I went to J!mAKAtheloner. When we started up this forum, I just went to J!m.

I noticed that you are keeping a snake in addition to your new T. There are some good reptile people here too. Anyway, glad your back.

Hey J!m good to see you're still here as well. Is Jeremy still around?

Super Poopdeck Moderator

"Stand to, you swabs!
      You're casking shadows on
      Poopdeck Pappy. Pride of the
      Pacifiric. And father to the
      shark. Brother to the
      piranhaca. Cousin to the
      killer whale. And uncle to the
      octupussy."

I am:
      Piratey

Thanks
      Thanked 3,762 Times in 2,710 Posts
      Jeremy rarely comes on here. Jeremy was the first member that I had contact with. I wish he had time to be around more. Beth has health issues and isn't on much either. Baylee hasn't been here for a few years and Wayne died a few years back.

But I am still here along with Manlyman7, JumpSpiderInc, Tgirl1010, Pan60 (Panhead) and others. I'm just glad you're back.
      "I am what I am and that's all what I am."

DISCLAIMER - Handling tarantulas with potent venom is not advised or endorsed by this forum.

SNČitch - Say NO to irresponsible Tarantula crossbreeding and hybridization!